LSUMC has given birth to a new Ministry!! This past March, the Trustees gave approval to re-purpose the former Copeland House lot as a Vegetable Garden followed by approval from the Administrative Council to add this garden and educational component as a new ministry of the church.
A priority of the garden will be to help provide fresh produce to local pantries for community distribution. Our Wednesday night suppers will also reap some benefits from this garden.
May 2015 Garden Tasks:
1. Continue shaping beds: Pattern is path 30″ – bed 42″ – path 30″ (see completed section)
2. 48″ path between Rows 3 & 4. Last bed is divided into 2 rows for corn planting.
3. When a bed is completely shaped we can move wood chips into the path as high as the bed to help hold the moisture in; reduce water usage and weeds.
4. We will be planting corn, okra, beans, sweet peppers on Wednesday and Thursday 20 – 21st
5. We want to plant sweet potato slips by June 15.